Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Review: A Child Called It

A Child Called It (Dave Pelzer, #1)A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This book is too horrible. I can't imagine how bad The Mother can changed suddenly and tortured The Boy like that.



After finished this book, I realised that The Boy was so physically and mentally tortured since David, the author bear used these sentences to describe his situation at the moment: "I found that words like hope and faith were only letters, randomly put together into something meaningless - words only for fairy tails" - page 132

and

"I truly believed, at that moment, that death would be better than my prospects for any kind of happiness. I was nothing but an 'It' " - page 141

I hate The Mother, and even more, I hate The Father who can easily let Dave Pelzer being tortured. This book is telling The World to make public realise that child abuse can happen to anyone and we need to stop this thing to become more worse. Please, stop the child abuse.

"The story has two objectives: the first is to inform the reader how a loving, caring parent can change to a cold, abusive monster venting frustration on helpless child; the second is the eventual survival and triumph of the human spirit over seemingly insurmountable odds." - page 164


p/s: overall, this book has 220 pages, not 128 as stated since it included some chapters from another two books, afterword by the survivor (Dave Pelzer), comments from his teacher (Steven E. Zeigler) and a heartwarming conclusion.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment