Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: A Little Princess


A Little PrincessA Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is one of the good example of book about good versus evil and protagonist versus antagonist. The story how fast human can change when it is all about the money. After Captain Crewe died, Sara Crewe was treated like a beggar by her schoolmistress even she was "the little-girl-who-is-not-a-beggar". She became the pariah and being ordered to do many chores during the days.

I like many parts of this book; how Sara and Captain Crewe finding Emily, the way she talking to the animals (the crows, Melchisedec the rat and the monkey), how she and Becky communicated by using wall knocking, and the most attracting thing for me is how she is always being polite as "A Little Princess". Author successfully dragged me into the novel's situation whereby I was also doing the wall knocking while reading this book (two times, three times, four times).

Thanks to my friend named Mira Black for suggesting me such a great book.

‎"It's a good thing not to answer your enemies." Burnett, Frances Hodgson.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment